National Youth Day Celebration – 12 January 2022 at RKMVERI, Belur Campus
Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav (75 Years of Indian Independence)
National Youth Day Celebration
12 January 2022 (8 AM) at RKMVERI, Belur Campus
Commemoration of Swami Vivekananda’s 159th Birthday and 75th Anniversary of India’s Independence
On account of the Covid-19 pandemic, the grand celebrations (for National Youth Day) that we used to have every year on this joyous occasion have suffered a setback. We will however have a low key celebration with the following programme in mainly online mode.
The programme will be live-streamed on RKMVERI YouTube channel.
Live stream link: https://youtu.be/0mIAdt27fng
At 7.50 am, available students and faculty will please assemble in room MB207, Medha Bhavan. The programme will begin at 8.00 am.
1. Chanting of Shanti-mantras and some portions of the Upanishads by the Brahmacharins of the University Centre (10 mins)
2. Brief addresses by the students (8 mins each):
- In Sanskrit: Brahmachari Deepak, student of B.A. Hons Sanskrit
- In Sanskrit: Sriman Debjyoti Kundu, student of M.A. Sanskrit
- In Bengali: Sriman Rajdip Ghosh, student of B.A. Sanskrit
- In English: Sriman Rajat Gaur, students of M.Sc. Big Data Analytics (BDA)
3. Songs on Swamiji (on mouth organ): Sriman Srijan Mallick, student of M.Sc. BDA
4. Brief addresses by the faculty (12 mins each):
- In English: Swami Japasiddhanandaji, Head, Department of Sanskrit and Philosophy
- In Bengali: Prof Sukumar Adhikari, Dean, School of Mathematical Sciences
- In Hindi: Dr Neeraj Bhargave, Asst. Prof. in Sanskrit
5. Surya-namaskar and Yogaasanas by students of the Yoga Department (10 mins)
6. Songs (in Bengali) on Swamiji: Chorus by students (10 mins)
7. Closing song (in Sanskrit) on Swamiji: murta-maheshwaram…(Chorus) to be led by Swami Shivapurnanandaji (5 mins)
Official notice can be found here.