‘Centre for AIoTMR (Artificial Intelligence of Things & Mixed Reality)’, the first of its kind in Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission, was inaugurated at Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute (RKMVERI) under its Dept. of Computer Science at Belur Math Campus on 21 February 2023, the sacred birthday of Sri Ramakrishna.
The objective of the Center for AIoT & MR at RMVERI is to adopt multidisciplinary applied research, address distinct challenges and enhance working solutions across multiple fields and departments within RKMVERI and RKMM (Ramakrishna Math & Ramakrishna Mission) by leveraging four technologies: AIoT (Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things) and MR (Mixed Reality = AR Augmented Reality + VR Virtual Reality).
The AIoT-MR team will be empowered to carry out translational research, during which digital prototypes will be developed. Subsequently, the team will engage in competitions and hackathons to validate and refine these prototypes. Finally, an attempt to collaborate with industry partners would be done to transform the prototypes into practical real-world solutions that positively impact society.
The centre will be taking up the following projects:
- MEDHAVVARRIORS – A MR (Mixed Reality AR VR) and AI based Assistive Technology to assist Persons with Dementia (PWD) utilizing a three pronged Viewable Hearable Wearable Ecosystem
- Data analytics of RKMVU with insights through AI Chatbots
- Digital archival management system with AI Tools for media management
Our past work can be found in the below link:
- WeMindYou App – Emotional Well-Being of Kids during Covid-19
- Narendra – Analyzing the Mental Well-Being of Children and Empowering them with Mind Fitness Training
- Shaktiman – A Chatbot for regulating emotional well-being of individuals in an organization by analyzing their Facial expressions and Text Sentiments with mind training utilizing traditional & modern preventive interventions
- Research Articles: Evolution of Meditation Research: Perspectives from Contemplative Neuroscience
Researchers in the Centre for AIoT & MR at RMVERI:
|Swami Paramashivananda||Head, Centre for AIoTMR, Dept. of Computer Science|
|Bharath Natarajan||Research Fellow, Centre for AIoTMR, Dept. of Computer Science|
|Champak Kumar Dutta||Research Fellow, Centre for AIoTMR, Dept. of Computer Science|
Expert Advisory Committee
- Prof. Dilip Kumar Pratihar, Institute Chair Professor, IIT Kharagpur
- Dr. Babu Sena Paul, Director, Institute for Intelligent Systems, University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- Sugandhan Vezhumuni, Manager, Capgemini, Chennai
- Vihaan Akshay Rajendiran, Graduate Assistant, CS Dept, University of California, Santa Barbara, USA