About SWAYAM Platform
SWAYAM is a programme initiated by the Government of India and designed to achieve the three cardinal principles of Education Policy viz., access, equity and quality. The objective of this effort is to take the best teaching learning resources to all, including the most disadvantaged. This is done through an online platform that facilitates hosting of all the courses from Class 9 till post-graduation to be accessed by anyone, anywhere at any time. All the courses are interactive and are available free of cost to any learner.
The courses hosted on SWAYAM are in 4 quadrants – (1) video lecture, (2) specially prepared reading material that can be downloaded/printed (3) self-assessment tests through tests and quizzes and (4) an online discussion forum for clearing the doubts.
Courses delivered through SWAYAM are available free of cost to the learners, however learners wanting a SWAYAM certificate should register for the final proctored exams that come at a fee and attend in-person at designated centres on specified dates. Eligibility for the certificate will be announced on the course page and learners will get certificates only if this criteria is matched. Universities/colleges approving credit transfer for these courses can use the marks/certificate obtained in these courses for the same.
More Info: https://swayam.gov.in/about
SWAYAM Courses List
List of MOOCs (Massive Open Online Course) offered on SWAYAM platform changes every semester, so check if a previously offered MOOC is available in present or upcoming semester or not. The current list of available MOOCs can be found on the SWAYAM portal: https://swayam.gov.in/explorer
List of SWAYAM Courses offered in 2018 (with details)
Instructions for enrolling to a MOOC on SWAYAM Portal
RKMVERI students are advised to compulsorily read these instructions before enrolling for the SWAYAM / NPTEL MOOCs.
- Intro : First get acquainted with the SWAYAM Platform, the various National Coordinators who are “hosting” MOOCs in various disciplines : https://swayam.gov.in/about
- Register : To enrol for any MOOC on SWAYAM first Register as a user: https://swayam.gov.in/
- Enrol : Select / click on the MOOC you want to enrol for and “Join” the MOOC to register.
- IMPORTANT: If a MOOC is offered as part of the semester syllabus (credit transfer), then:
- While enrolling for a MOOC opt for the certification exam (or proctored exam) which is conducted at the end of the MOOC course.
- NPTEL : If enrolling for a NPTEL hosted MOOC then ‘select’ the option ‘share the information with my Institute / College’ .
- Student should submit the assignments, take part in all the self-assessment tests through tests and quizzes, etc. as mentioned in the MOOC page on SWAYAM / NPTEL.
- Exam : Pay the fee online for “certification exam”; This is done in the beginning of the course or after half the course is over, it depends on the National Coordinator hosting the MOOC course.
- Once the “certifying exam” results are received share the same with the Department along with the proof (like email, certificate, etc.
How to enrol in NPTEL MOOC courses?
- Help video in Hindi
- Help video in Kannada
- Help video in Malayalam
- Help video in Marathi
- Help video in Tamil
- Help video in Telugu
- List of MOOCs enrolled by a learner can be found in the “My Courses” page on SWAYAM Portal (link is available at the top of page, click on logged-in user-name), Current Link is : https://swayam.gov.in/mycourses
- For any clarification or assistance on SWAYAM / MOOCs registration, accessing, etc., contact the SWYAM Mentor for your campus:
- Belur Main Campus: DTC Office, Medha Bhavan,
- Ranchi Campus: Dr. Dipankar Chatterjee,
- Coimbatore Campus: Prof. N. Muthaiah,
- Narendrapur Campus: Dr. Gautam Chatterjee.
Below are some resources provided by UGC / SWAYAM for spreading awareness about SWAYAM Platform / Portal.