‘Swami Vivekananda Chair’ Professor position in Environment and Disaster Management, IRDM
SWAMI VIVEKANANDA CHAIR FOR
ENVIRONMENT AND DISASTER MANAGEMENT
SANCTIONED BY THE GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL
5 August 2019
Applications invited from eligible candidates for the Swami Vivekananda Chair. Apply with full and updated CV within two weeks by email to or
Qualifications and Procedure for Recruitment
(A) Qualifications and Experience:
- Professor level qualifications of high distinction preferably holding D.Sc. degree from a reputed University/Institute
- Research publications of high standard in reputed national and international journals
- Proven record of independent research as well as guiding/supervising research scholars/fellows
- Proven record of Project development and execution
- Proven record of resource generation for the organisation from Indian and foreign funding agencies for education and research
- Administrative experience at a fairly senior level in Department/Institute management
- Having international collaborations, fellowships, etc.
- Age range: 55 – 70 (relaxation at the discretion of the Vice Chancellor for exceptional cases)
(B) Procedure for recruitment:
Through a Search-cum-Selection Committee comprising the following members:
- Vice Chancellor (Chairperson)
- Dean of Faculty Centre at Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama at Narendrapur where the Department of ‘Environment and Disaster Management’ is located
- One senior member or former member of the Board of Management of the Deemed University with knowledge and experience in the field and/or related fields
- One External Expert at the level of Professor in the field and/or related field from a reputed University/Institute like Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), etc.
- One representative from the West Bengal State Government to be nominated by the Principal Secretary, Department of Disaster Management, Government of West Bengal.