Award of Degrees / Diplomas during the Annual Convocation Ceremony
RKMVERI solicits the presence of all the graduating students in the annual convocation ceremony to receive degree/ diploma in person on fulfillment of the following requirements.
- These instructions are meant for the Convocation ceremony conducted for students of Belur, Ranchi and Narendrapur Campuses only.
- Every year Convocation ceremony is usually held on 4th of July. However the exact date and the Venue are finalized/confirmed every year, so please check this.
- Various dates given in this page are fixed subject to convocation being held on July 4th. Any changes in dates would be published, else these dates are final.
- Venue is either at Belur or Narendrapur/Ranchi Campus. Venue selected every year and made known in advance.
- Click here to download the Convocation Form .
Instructions to the graduating students
Dear Student :
- Complete all the academic requirements for the award of degree/diploma in the convocation. A graduating student has to pass all the examinations and has to submit the requisite number of his/her thesis/ dissertation/ project (if applicable) as per rule of the University (Faculty Centre /Department).
- Clear all the outstanding dues and get the ‘No Dues’ certificate – 2 copies (in prescribed format available from the office / reception desk) from the Accounts section, Library, Department, Hostel (if applicable).
- Please collect the Transcript after submitting the ‘No Dues’ certificate to the office / office of the Controller of Examinations.
- Download the Convocation application form or get it from the Office / Reception desk. Fill up the convocation application form & get it approved by the Administrative Head / Dean/ Head of the Department/ Course Coordinator.
- Convocation Fee:
- For those receiving degree/diploma certificates in person at the Convocation: Rs.500/-
- For those receiving degree/diploma certificates on a date after the Convocation: Rs.1000/-
- For those wishing to receive degree/diploma certificates by Post : Rs.1100/- (including postal charges).
- Pay the fee(s) either by online (link for Belur Students) / Cash / by Demand Draft drawn in favour of the ‘RAMAKRISHNA MISSION VIVEKANANDA EDUCATIONAL & RESEARCH INSTITUTE, Belur Math’ and payable at UBI, Belur Math Branch.
- Submit the following to the office (Belur / Narendrapur / Ranchi).Duly filled up Convocation application form,
- counter foil of the pay slip (or receipt-email received for online payment),
- No- Dues certificate,
- Your Passport-size photograph.
- Last date of submission of the completed form : 30 June (without late fine), 1-2 July (with late fine of Rs.200/-).
- Know the date, time and venue of Convocation ceremony from the website or office in advance, and come with proper dress.
- Put on the convocation-gown (dress) and sit at the proper place (as instructed by the ceremony coordinators) quietly, 30 minutes before the convocation ceremony begins.
- You will be given the print out of the convocation oaths and the instructions regarding what to do.
- After the convocation is over there will be group photo session, please attend it and after that return the gowns to the staff / student volunteers coordinating the ceremony.
- After the convocation is over please collect the refreshment packet.
Management, faculty-members and staff of RKMVERI wishes all its outgoing students a bright, fruitful and fulfilling future …