The Faculty Centres are located in the branch-centres of Ramakrishna Mission in various parts of India and have been approved by University Grants Commission and the Ministry of Human Resource Development as ‘Off-campus’ Centres. As mentioned earlier, the University started its journey with one Faculty Centre at Coimbatore, and later on added more Centres. At present, therefore, we have three ‘Off-campus’ Faculty Centres. Each of the three ‘Off-campus’ Centres is devoted to a Specialized Faculty. At the Coimbatore Faculty Centre which was the first Centre of the University, a second specialized Faculty was started after a couple of years of the inception.
List of ‘Off-campus’ Faculty Centres and their Specialized Faculties are given below:
- Ramakrishna Mission Ashrama at Narendrapur in Kolkata, West Bengal: ‘Faculty Centre of Integrated Rural Development and Management (IRDM)‘.
- Ramakrishsna Mission Ashrama ‘Divyayan’ Krishi Vigyan Kendra in Ranchi (Morabadi), Jharkhand: ‘Faculty Centre for Integrated Rural & Tribal Development and Management (IRTDM)‘.
- Ramakrishna Mission Vidyalaya, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu:
- Faculty of Disability Management and Special Education (FDMSE)
- Faculty of General & Adapted Physical Education and Yoga (GAPEY)
- Faculty of Agricultural Research and Education (FAR)
The present section gives a detailed account of these Faculty Centres, the courses that are being run there and the specialities, if any, of these centres.