Convocation 2018 – Instructions to graduating students
Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute
(Deemed-to-be University as declared by Government of India under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956)
(Formerly Known as Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University)
Belur Math, West Bengal, India
Award of Degrees/ Diplomas during the Annual Convocation Ceremony 2018 (usually on 4th July)
Instructions to the graduating students
We highly appreciate the presence of the graduating students in the annual convocation ceremony to receive degree/ Diploma in person on fulfillment of the following requirements.
Dear Student —
- Complete all the academic requirements for the award of degree/Diploma in the convocation. A graduating student has to pass all the examinations and has to submit the requisite number of his/her thesis/ dissertation/ project (if applicable) as per rule of the University (Faculty Centre /Department).]
- Clear all the outstanding dues and get the ‘No Dues’ certificate – 2 copies (in prescribed format available from the office / reception desk) from the Accounts section, Library, Department, Hostel (if applicable). Please collect the transcript after submitting the ‘No Dues’ certificate to the office / office of the Controller of Examinations.
- Get the convocation-application-form from the office [Belur/Narendrapur/Ranchi] / reception desk or from the University-Website. Fill up the convocation application form & get it approved by the Administrative Head / Dean/ Head of the Department/ Course Coordinator.
- Convocation Fee: a) For those receiving degree/diploma certificates in person at the convocation: Rs.500/- b) For those receiving degree/diploma certificates on a date after the convocation: Rs.1000/- c) For those wishing to receive degree/diploma certificates by post: Rs.1100/- (including postal charges).
- Pay the fee(s) either by cash / online / by Demand Draft drawn in favour of the ‘Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University’ and payable at UBI, Belur Math Branch.
- Submit the duly filled up application form along with counter foil of the pay slip, No- Dues certificate, passport-size photograph to the office [Belur / Narendrapur / Ranchi].
- Last date of submission of the completed form: 30 June (without late fine), 1-2 July (with late fine of Rs.200/-).
- Know the Date, time and venue of convocation and come with proper dress. The 2018 Annual convocation to be held on 4 July 2018 at 10.30 am at Vivekananda Sabhagriha, Belur Campus.
- Put on the convocation-gown-(dress) and sit on the proper place quietly (subject/department-wise) as per the ascending order of Registration/ID number, 30 minutes before the convocation ceremony begins .
- You will be given the print out of the convocation oaths and will be given instructions regarding what to do.
- After the convocation is over there will be group photo session, please attend it and after that the return the gowns to the university.
- After the convocation is over please collect the refreshment packet.
RKMVERI wishes all its outgoing students a fruitful and fulfilling future …