17th Annual Convocation of RKMVERI (Deemed University) – 10 Oct 2022
The Board of Management of Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute (Deemed to be University as declared by the Govt. of India under UGC Act, 1956) cordially invites you and your friends to the seventeenth annual convocation to be held in blended/phygital (physical plus digital) mode, on 10 October 2022 (Monday) at 3 PM at Saradananda Seminar Hall in Prajna Bhavan of the University’s Belur Main Campus.
Dr. H. Sudarshan, Founder and Secretary, Vivekananada Girijana Kalyana Kendra and Karuna Trust, Bengaluru, recipient of several national and international awards like the ‘Padmashree’ and the ‘Right Livelihood’ (also called Alternative Nobel Prize award), has kindly agreed to be physically present as the Guest-in-Chief and deliver the convocation address. On this occasion, Dr H. Sudarshan will be awarded the degree of Doctorate of Science (D.Sc.) (Honoris Causa) by the University for his selfless service to humanity, particularly the rural and tribal population, through his ‘Integrated Rural and Tribal Development Project’ with special emphasis on health and education.
Swami Suvirananda Ji Maharaj, Chancellor of RKMVERI and General Secretary of Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission, has kindly consented to physically preside over the ceremony and to deliver the Chancellor’s Address.
Click here to watch recorded programme
Venue: Saradananda Seminar Hall, Prajna Bhavan, Belur Main Campus
- 3.00—3.05 pm: Invocation — Recitation of Vedic shanti mantras: sahanaavavatu…, bhadram karnebhih…, yaschhandasaamrishabho…, medha suktam, purnamadah purnamidam… by the Brahmacharins of the University (led by Swami Japasiddhananda)
- 3.05—3.15 pm: Address of Welcome: Swami Sarvottamananda, Vice Chancellor
- 3.15—3.30 pm: Administration of oath (pledge) to the students (in Sanskrit with English translation) by Swami Atmapriyananda, Pro-Chancellor
- 3.30—3.40 pm: Award of D.Sc. (Honoris Causa) to Dr. H. Sudarshan, the Chief Guest: Reading out the Citation by Swami Kirtipradananda, Registrar and presentation of the Award by the Chancellor, Swami Suvirananda Ji Maharaj
- 3.40—4.05 pm: Acceptance Speech and Convocation Address by the Guest-in-Chief, Dr. H. Sudarshan
- 4.05—4.10 pm: Vice Chancellor’s admission of the new graduates to their respective degrees:
“As per the authority vested in me as the Vice Chancellor of this University, I hereby admit you to your degrees and diplomas with all the rights and privileges thereto appertaining, for which you have duly qualified by satisfying all the programme requirements. Further, I charge you to always strive to adhere to the spirit and letter of the noble vows that you have taken on this occasion to build your lives upon the bedrock of impeccable character thus proving worthy of this University bearing the hallowed name of Sri Ramakrishna and Swami Vivekananda.”
- 4.10—4.40 pm: Chancellor’s address by Swami Suvirananda Ji Maharaj, General Secretary, Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission
- 4.40—4.50 pm: Award of prizes and medals to the toppers (announcement by Swami Kaleshananda, Controller of Examinations)
- 4.50—5.15 pm: Conferment of Degrees and Diplomas (announcement by Swami Kaleshananda, Controller of Examinations)
- 5.15—5.20 pm: Vote of Thanks: Brahmachari Mrinmay, Deputy Registrar
- 5.20—5.30 pm: Concluding Song on Swami Vivekananda—murta maheshwaram… by Swami Shivapurnananda
- Compere: Swami Atmeshwarananda, Finance Officer of the University
Below are some photos.